David Johnson has extensive experience in real estate and business transactions. As a former partner in a national law firm, he has represented large public companies as well as small businesses and entrepreneurs in various real estate and commercial matters, including acquisition, development, financing, construction, leasing, and entity formation.
Mr. Johnson also gained valuable experience as General Counsel and CFO of a local home building and development company. In that role, he secured bank and private financing for land acquisition, development and construction, coordinated entitlements and provided legal representation and business advice in all aspects of development, homebuilding and corporate structure. His combined business and legal experience provide a unique insight and added value for his clients
M.B.A., Brigham Young University–Marriott School of Management, 1988
B.S., Arizona State University, 1986
Represent real estate developer in land acquisition and construction of site improvements.
Represent homebuilder in construction, marketing and sale of homes.
Represent national bank in providing revolving line of credit for real estate projects.
Represent investment fund in acquisition, development and disposition of cell tower site sand roof-top leases.
Represent assisted living provider in acquisition and financing of multiple facilities.
Represent financing company in sale/leaseback transactions for multi-state restaurants, gas stations, pharmacies and convenience stores.
Represent investment fund in acquisition of loan portfolios secured by real property.
Represent lender in loan workouts and settlements and deeds in lieu of foreclosure.
Represent lender in trustee’s sales and pursuit of remedies for loan deficiencies.
Represent investment fund in securing approvals and authorizations to complete and stabilize distressed projects.
Represent owner of industrial building in negotiating and drafting key use and regulatory compliance provisions with governmental authorities.
Represent shopping center developer in preparing reciprocal easements and signage rights.
- Represent medical professionals in negotiating favorable lease terms for office space in health care facility.
- Represent owner of office building in preparing standard form lease agreement for small business tenants.
- Represent wellness and fitness center operator in negotiating favorable terms for long-term lease with purchase option.
- Member, Real Property and Business Law Sections, State Bar of Arizona
- Author and Editor, Arizona Commercial Real Property Forms Manual, State Bar of Arizona
- Licensed Real Estate Broker, Arizona Department of Real Estate
- Presenter at various seminars regarding current legal issues
- Proficiency in Spanish
- Classic car enthusiast
Finance and Lending